Saturday, January 8, 2011

Rest Again

Yesterday was another resting day.  We had breakfast after morning prayer and then saw the corn cobs in a pile.  Wednesday we'd bagged them up, so we knew it had to happen sooner than later, so we went ahead and did it.  That was about it for real work yesterday (in terms of manual labor).  They kids are on vacation from school right now and it's almost over, so they got some rest yesterday, and we did, too....so we went hiking.

We climbed up the mountain behind the Hogar.  The Hogar is a ranch that has lots of land.  We didn't go all the way up because we didn't have a machete to hack through some of the denser growth, and I'm not certain what kind of dangerous wildlife exists here (read: I don't want to get snake bit).  The climb up was relatively straight forward; the downward walk was a little more round about so that we weren't going on such steep places.  It was fun, and I got to combat my farmer's tan.  I'm going to have a rocking one by the time this trip is over....rocking farmer's tan, that is, unless I keep fighting it on long walks.  I wore sunscreen, though.

After our walk we went to lunch.  Dori took us to a restaurant in town and it as really good.  I had water with melon which was basically cantaloupe water.  It was really, really, good.  She gave us a run down of the place and what they need help with.  We talked about the day-to-day routine of the kids, too, and we've started to work out how our routine will be shaped by that (kids, running, morning prayer, etc.).  I finished Deathly Hallows last night and am now moving on, though not sure to what.  We each brought some books but are going to have to share.

I haven't watched the movies the last two nights because I've sought a little more quiet; Wednesday I played soccer and yesterday I supervised/read while they drew and colored.  They're so fun!  And so loud!  :)  A break during the evenings has been nice, and during the week they'll be at school.  I'm going to work on Rosetta Stone while they're gone, I think.  There are two with us right now as we sit.  They're so still and quiet.  Not sure what today holds, but I think there may be some PhotoBooth action.

No comments:

Post a Comment