Saturday, March 27, 2010

Flashback!

I just had a flashback although it was really more deja vu, except I REALLY have done this before, countless times. It makes me miss one of my passions through high school. I'm sitting on my bed, crossed legged with my computer in front of me. I'm barefooted wearing a t-shirt and black shorts. I push my computer away, grab my socks in my left hand to sort them out.

Blam! "You haven't done this in over a year. It's really familiar though." It probably has been a year since I refereed my last game. (That reminds me, I need to get a whistle out.) I'm not reffing today. I'm coaching the General Seminary soccer team. First practice is today, and this is a whole new angle to the beautiful game. I think I'm horribly unprepared, but when that's the case in soccer, you just run. :)

I'm looking up coaching aids right now. I don't really know what I need to be doing this time around, but it's supposed to last for two hours. Oy! I haven't played since the 8th grade. The only soccer shorts I own are referee shorts. I don't have cleats in New York. I'm about to don my black socks with three white stripes at the top. It feels weird not being headed to a complex. My USSF certification expired on 31 DEC. I'll reactivate for the 2011 calendar year.

I miss refereeing. I miss soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment