Friday, June 3, 2011

Where to Wander and Wednesday

Wednesday I was in the office in the morning and wrote my learning agreement. In the afternoon the Dean and I made a pastoral visit to a hospital. The hospital was very near an area that the Dean very much likes. turns out, I do, too. It was a great place and I can't wait to get back and explore it. That'll be for a weekend or my next day off. After our hospital visit we went to get a treat and I got a hot chocolate. It was perhaps the best hot chocolate I've ever had. It was like hot chocolate ice cream in liquid form. It was amazing. So next time I wander it will be over in the 15th. I think I'm about done with the 8th.

Wednesday morning felt really productive as I was doing it. I intensively reviewed an ordination bulletin for tomorrow. I'm emceeing a diaconal ordination. That was somewhat time consuming! I had BCP, hymnal, and document all open as I tracked changes. It was fun, though. I'm going to be involved in planning and implementing two other special liturgies. That's my thing. I'm having a blast in doing it.

Wednesday night I tried my first Meet Up from It was a bust, I think. It was a movie night, but people weren't really watching the movie. It was at a bar and there was a drink special. People were in costumes, but there was really loud music overhead. I'm quite the extrovert normally, but when we're being blared over (versus all singing together!) my extroversion scale slides down. I'm trying again tonight with a dinner out. We'll see how it goes.

My blog entries are weird with time, I think. A lot of them can be written in quick succession but published periodically and reference different times. The cathedral has lots of fun sounds, too. This morning was organ rehearsal. Now the piano tuner is here. Mission lunch is happening, too, though I think they're almost finished. Oh, church life, it's great. :) Oh, and let's not forget that I'm writing on Paris time (so it's 1:55 PM) and my blog is set to Central or Eastern time. And this won't be published for another two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment