I thought I'd take a minute to share all the tweets that I've written myself or re-tweeted from others with the #episcopalianbecause hash tag:
I'm an #episcopalian because...
- question marks are even more welcome than exclamation points.
- we pray for those whose faith is known to God alone, not by naming people and things we don't like about them.
- The Episcopal Church opposes the Death Penalty.
- we know tectonic plates are to blame for the Eathquake in Haiti, not Voo Doo.
- if I get tired of anglo-catholic worship in the Twin Cities, I can go to a service in Hmong or other languages .
- my [future] daughters [will] see women in leadership roles in the church.
- we don't pretend to believe the same things, but we gather and pray together the same way.
- from St. Mary the Virgin Times Square to St. Gregory of Nyssa San Francisco, there's a liturgical style for you.
- Common Prayer is the best way we have to draw the largest number of people possible close to Jesus.
- we have good news to share and are willing to change certain aspects so that we can get that message out.
- regular reception of the Eucharist changed me: because it's a God thing not a me thing.
- even when I don't feel like praying the Daily Office it shapes me and surrounds my day with prayer.
- we treasure the historic roles of bishop, presbyter, and deacon and value ordination and its preparation.
- I'd rather revel in the mystery than argue facts.
- the worship of the church has shaped and formed my life, both from its consistency and its theology.
- I'm part of a "we" church versus an "I" church. We believe. We celebrate seasons.
Are you an Episcopalian? If so, why?