Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Week in Review

I had a good week last week.  I'm on duty at the duty desk for the next couple of hours.  Let me think about what I did last week.  Mostly class.  I won't make this too long of a single entry...if things need to be further expounded upon, I'll make them their own entries.  My objective right now is to try to at least post highs and lows from the day. We've done it daily at CTD and I like doing it.


We were on a field trip Thursday and Friday.  We left the cooler on the platform so I went back to get it.  I look forward to watching the commericals that were made.  We're watching them on Monday.  I want to make a promotional video about the Wesley now.  The kids inspired me.  I wrote Jacob's letter.  The one from last week was RTS.  I'm going to probably write again today.  I had fun at the dance last night, although I was mostly in the homework room talking to other staff and then I got online. 

Monday night I saw Brideshead Revisited.  It was definitely a BBC film, but I thought it was really good.  It's definitely an example of what happens when mothers are overbearing and turn faith (in this case Catholicism, but could definitely be used with fundamentalism, too) into this authoritarian blahness.  By blahness I mean that rather than showing real love, the parent uses the religion to force his/her own desires on their children.  It's hard to put into words, but what this is is not love.  It's being a control freak to the worst degree and using the faith into which you've raise your child to control the child.

This week I bought the first season of The West Wing.  I've thus far watched two episodes in total.  I also set up Jessica G's iChat twice. I made an entry over on Being CHURCH.  I've been texting with Erin today.  We haven't chatted online in forever.  I'll be in Troy next Sunday!  Not quite at this time, but Sunday nonetheless.  Hopefully I'll get to stop in Auburn and Montgomery to see some good friends.

I went to my last Sunday at St. Mark's, Evanston, today.  I'm going to miss Mother Mandy and the other people.  I might come back here next summer, but I might try to work for a vestment company next summer before I start seminary.  Wednesday night I went to Evening Prayer at the church building.  It was in honor of the Blessed William Wilberforce.  I also went out with staffers to Flat Top Grill, too.  I'm going to do something else.

Abide in peace, and pray for me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment