Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Hymns, Day 3: Lo, in the Grave He Lay

So there are two things that I'm going to be doing with my Easter songs, and it's my blog so I can. One, the songs aren't always going to be "Episcopal" type hymns or songs. There will probably be some resurgence of songs that I sang growing up before I knew about liturgical seasons. Second, they might not be explicitly "Easter" songs, but just think of them in light of the Resurrection. Sorry this is a day late. It's funny how busy I got...and watch the video below. It's similar to growing up. :)

Low in the grave He lay, Jesus my Savior,
Waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord!

Refrain

Up from the grave He arose,
With a mighty triumph o’er His foes,
He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever, with His saints to reign.
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah! Christ arose!

Vainly they watch His bed, Jesus my Savior;
Vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord!

Refrain

Death cannot keep its Prey, Jesus my Savior;
He tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord!

Refrain

No comments:

Post a Comment