Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One Close to Another, Part 3: Routines

After we got back from the trip to see the parishioner, I went for a run. As I was getting changed I had the thought that this is familiar. I'm getting dressed upstairs in a Close and about to go run alongside a river. So, my place is 62 steps up a spiral staircase. My legs are going to be great by the end of the summer. I went for a run and didn't go as far as I expected to; I turned a bridge early, but I kept a very nice pace that I think I would've been able to sustain had I not turned early. Tomorrow I try that route again.

I cooked dinner after that. I had a pizza tonight and I will again tomorrow night. I only ate half. After last nights I needed to only eat half. I had some sandwiches from the grocery store for lunch. And now I'm trying to get some routines into place. I need to not eat dinner at 2100, thought I might just during the week. I want to get up early tomorrow, and I don't think that should be a problem. I'll get up to run, of course. And today I journaled at a cafe as part of my wandering. I wrote some thank you notes, too. Writing will be part of my routine, though I'm keeping that one and this one. Someone later in life will have to compare the two versions.

Running and eating are going to be part of routines. The Office will re-join my routine when the rest of my day has a routine. I'm about to sit down with my cook book and plan my menu for the rest of the week so that I can go grocery shopping tomorrow and then I'll go again on Saturday for more of next week. I don't know what I'll eat yet, but I want to experiment with a lot of different recipes through the summer. I'm very excited about cooking! And I'm very excited about sleeping and having a normal sleep schedule again.

No comments:

Post a Comment